Get Your Career in the Fast Lane
Companies don’t grow three generations and keep customers happy day in and day out without the right people in place to make it happen. We’re proud to have the best, most dedicated professionals in the business-and we’re always looking for other talented individuals. SPEED Global Services is a family owned logistics, trucking and warehousing company located in Kenmore NY.
SPEED is an equal opportunity employer offering competitive wages and employee benefits. If you are interested in joining one of the most respected companies in Western New York, Apply Online and Upload your Resume today OR Send your Resume to email@example.com.
Freight Broker Specialist
The position is responsible to support in a variety of functions to include but not limited to the following:
- Process orders for freight shipment
- Develop and establish relationships with carrier network
- Negotiate competitive carrier rates and ensure maximum profitability on negotiated rates
- Monitor documents for discrepancies
- Manage daily shipments for on time pickup and delivery
- Must have computer and phone skills
Essential Abilities/ Skills
- High integrity with professional standards
- Strong attention to detail and very organized
- Excellent written and oral communication
- Team player
- Work well under pressure and have the ability to multi task and meet tight deadlines
- Prior trucking/logistics experiences preferred
- Minimum of High school Diploma 2 year degree preferred
- Minimum of at least one year experience in logistics/trucking background
Speed offers competitive wages and employee benefits. Speed is an equal opportunity employer. For immediate consideration Apply Online & Upload your Resume today, Send your Resume to firstname.lastname@example.org or Contact Mark Incardona at 876-2235 ext. 114.
We have an immediate opening at our Buffalo facility for an Application Programmer to create and implement both new and enhancements to software applications that meet business specification. Primary responsibilities include maintaining stability and efficiency of internal and external applications, ensuring security of those applications, providing user support, and configuring new software. Additional responsibilities include technical document/report preparation and application testing.
Requirements of this position include:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related fields, or equivalent experience
- Strong knowledge of Software/Application programming in windows environment
- Proficient in .Net, C#, VB.NET, ASP.NET, P-SQL
- Strong communication skills, problem solving and crisis management skills, and strong analytical skills with the ability to work as an effective member of a team
- Application Programming
- Prepare flow charts and diagrams based on the objective and requirements
- Program high quality software code in accordance with established company standards and development guidelines
- Extend functionality to existing applications
- Create middleware among operation applications to interchange data
- Convert access applications to .NET applications
- Produce technical documentation that accurately and thoroughly depicts the software design and code base
- Database Programming
- Monitor and maintain database integrity
- Write stored procedures and queries to prepare data sets as needed
- Create database and tables for application development
- Reports Developing
- Create and maintain Crystal Reports and SQL server reports as instructed
- Convert and combine Access format reports and Crystal Reports to SQL server reports
- Application Configuration
- Deploy and maintain system configuration and process flows as instructed
- Test new application process flow with other team members
We offer a competitive salary based on experience. Our benefits package includes medical and dental insurance, 401k with company match, flexible spending accounts, HSA, life insurance, and paid company holidays.
- Ability to coordinate deliveries/pick ups for an asset-based trucking company, direct the loading and unloading trucks and communicate directly with the drivers and customers.
- Freight Brokerage experience required.
- Energetic, customer service oriented individual able to multi-task in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to work well with drivers is essential.
- Great organizational, computer and communications skills a must!
- Ability to gather information and make solid independent decisions.
- Ability to respond promptly and efficiently to customer issues.
Fork Lift Operator/Dock person
- Multiple Shifts Available
- Minimum 3 years experience in LTL Trucking operation
- Understanding of strip sheets, manifests, Hazmat placarding, weight distribution
- Full time, Monday-Friday, 2nd shift, medical benefits
- Vacation, Personal Days, 401K eligibility after 1 year
- Compensation based on qualifications and experience
- Immediate Opening
Drivers – Class A & B
- Class “A” or Class “B” Driver Licenses Required
- Minimum 18 months experience
- Must be at least 25 years old for Class A position
- Good Customer Service Skills
International Sales Representative
Selling international container and airfreight business in the United States and Canada. Must have a good working knowledge of International Supply Chain management.
- Tracks weekly/monthly sales data and reports
- Promotes and sells products and services at an international level
- Constructs personal sales lead lists
- Develops new accounts and expands customer base in the domestic or international basis
- Responds to customer needs and requirements with appropriate solution
- Creates presentations to market products to various decision making audiences
- Oversees entire sales process from start to finish with each customer
- Strong negotiation and communication skills (verbal and written)
- Computer proficiency
- Willingness to make cold calls
- Exhibits excellent time management skills and very detail oriented
- Energetic, confident and motivated with the ability to think on your feet
- 2 years prior international sales experience or 5 years of general sales experience
- Minimum: Associates Degree
- Preferred: Bachelor’s Degree or 5 years of international sales experience